Wednesday, November 15

Physical Therapy This Week

Monday was Physical Therapy Day #6 and I have graduated to some new exercises for this week.

When I first arrive I get on a stationary bike for 10 minutes. Next comes squats, I do 6 sets of 20 squats. After that I move to what they call a step-up. I have a box on the floor and step up with my right foot and then back down. The next exercise I do is swaying from side to side then move onto standing on one leg, the right leg. This one has got to be the hardest! On to the treadmill and I walk backwards for 10 minutes.

I also got my new brace so now I just walk around with one crutch. I still have the second one in case I am walking around a lot I can use two. The extension of my knee is at about 5 degrees and my flexion at about 120 degrees now, so it is coming along slowly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home