Monday, November 6

Physical Therapy (Day #2)

My first appointment with physical therapy was last Friday. Apparently someone on their side dropped the ball and I should have been in earlier in the week to get started so now I am a little behind schedule. The first day they measured how far I could extend and bend my right leg and showed me how to do the exercises. I could almost bend it to a 90 degree angle but trying to straighten it out I could only get it to a 25 degree angle and it needs to go to 0 degrees.

I went today for my 2nd visit and man did they try and hurt me. The normal stuff was okay but then one of the technicians had me flatten my leg out as much as possible, then placed his hands above and below my knee and pressed downward. The pain was excruciating! He did this 5 times for about 30-45 seconds each time but it felt a lot longer. Then he had me lay on my stomach with my legs hanging over the table and put a 3 pound weight on my right ankle for 7 minutes. Now 3 pounds doesn't seem like very much but this was almost as painful as the previous exercise.

I get to do all over again tomorrow and the next day and the next day! This week they have me going every day and on Friday I guess they will determine how many days next week. They told me I should be off the crutches by the end of next week, I don't see how but if they say I am then I guess I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home