Thursday, November 5

Halloween 2009

So here's the Halloween pictures. Jordan carved a explorer on the front and a shadow mummy on the back. You can't see the mummy, but he did it all himself and I think he did an excellent job. Calvin picked an evil spider and Kaylee designed her own. That was exactly what she wanted and Daddy did it for her.

So now on to trick-or-treating. Where I had a crisis earlier in the day. Kaylee wanted to be an angel. She fell in love with this costume at the store. It said everything was included. Halo and all. But come to find out...no halo. You absolutely cannot be an angel without a halo. I was slightly freaking out...just slightly. So I went to my most creative friend and pratically begged for help. Most everyone knows that I am not the most creative person. My solution was to use some aluminum foil. Well Carla, that's my most wonderful friend, said a very forceful "NO!". So, what you see on Kaylee's head is our creation (mostly hers). It's a little bulky, but everyone knew she was an angel, a most beautiful angel at that. And she was happy!! Which is the most important. I give my heartfelt thanks to Carla for all her help. She's the best! Calvin is a fearsome ninja. I had to doctor that one as well. the costume fit very well, except for the hood. I had to split the seem at the back so it would fit his head and put in a mouth slice so he could breathe. I know ninja's don't show the mouth, but he had to breathe! And then there is Jordan, who wanted to be a pirate again. I just about fell to my knees in gratitude for him being so easy. We already had it!! All in all it was a fun night. The picture at the end is Carla's kids and her eldest daughter's friend and our three. They got so much candy though!! It's awful! LOL And the weather was sooo nice! The kids could get away with clothes on under their costumes and no coats. That doesn't happen here very often. We had a wonderful Halloween!!






















Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul and Tammy said...

Yay!!! Finally some updates. Your kids are getting SO big. They look so cute in their costumes. I'm glad everything worked out. Hope you guys are doing well

Tammy

11:47 PM  
Blogger Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

Cute costumes! I'm glad everything worked out with Kaylee's halo! She looks so pretty!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Amber Culley said...

Their pumpkins came out really good. And they our way much cooler than mine :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi! I don't really know you, but I randomly found your blog and read this post, and I really liked it ^^. I think the pictures are absolutely adorable!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home